Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chased by a Lab.....

So the riding here in G-ville has been KILLER lately! Temps have been in the mid 50's for almost 2 weeks now, and still no sign of snow, or any precipitation for that matter, for the next 10 days. While normally I would be dissappointed (trust me, I am the total die hard skier.....), somehow this year, I am diggin' getting to ride my bike OUTDOORS in the middle of January. I think it is the fact that I have seen my training suffer the last few winters, and I was SO used to getting to ride all winter long when I lived down in southern California. My fellow skiing buddies would kill me for what I just wrote! :) So life has been cool with all my riding lately, but today, of all things, I got chased by a Lab! Seriously.....a LAB???????? Maybe it is because it was yellow. My chocolate lab is the biggest bundle of love, I don't think he would hurt a fly. My yellow lab however, is another story! Maybe it is the color of their fur? It was totally unexpected. I saw the dog in the yard, but most everyone here in "rural Nevada" has their dogs on underground fence (electric fence, invisible fence...call it what you will.....), so I thought nothing of it....untill I heard a barking dog! I looked back (as I am starting to go up a slight incline) and was stunned. A yellow lab chasing me. Fortunately, as it got closer, I was able to yell at it "Go home", and go figure, it listened! Lucky me. Hopefully tomorrow's ride will be less eventful!

1 comment:

Sharpie said...

Hey Bootie..the dog was probably just smelling those bacon-flavored Gu gels in your jersey pocket! mmm...bacon.....