Friday, May 1, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick....

So the Kleenex box pictured above is my best friend right about now. I woke up yesterday feeling a little under the weather, and debated calling in sick. Like always, I figured I would go in and tough it out.......what was I thinking? After taking care of some obligations at work, I decided to leave early so I could get some sleep before I had to go to school (which was the last thing I wanted to do at that point was sit thru class.......and I was just hoping today was not "cat dissection day" in anatomy class.....I lucked out, that isn't till next week!). My hope was to try and rest up and beat this cold before this weekend (essentially in a day and a half.....fat chance!), in which I was SUPPOSED to race the Coolest 24 Hour race up over the hill from Lake Tahoe. I have wanted to do this race for years, but it has always conflicted with another race that I had sponsorship obligations to participate in, and this was going to be my year. Now, it will have to wait till next year...............
Fortunately the race promoter was cool enough to let me transfer my entry fee to the Coolest 24 Hr Race at Boggs Mtn later on in the season. As for now, I am going to go cuddle up with my Kleenex box!

No comments: