Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ridin' in the dirt!

So I FINALLY got to take the new Pivot Mach 5 in the dirt this weekend! It has been all built up and ready to go, and while I have ridden it around town (literally) at home, it had only BARELY gone in the dirt at home. Not to mention that the riding that was done on it in the dirt, certainly didn't do the bike any justice.......those trails were not even worthy of what that bike is capable of. I have been down in my old stomping grounds in Southern California for the last few days......5 hour ride on Saturday, and 3.5 hours today. I am in absolute heaven on this bike, and it even climbs like a dream, just like my Mach 4. Below are a few pics from the trail.....miles and miles of singletrack!!!!!! Oh, and did I mention the perfect weather??????? It was in the 60's, meanwhile, at home it was supposedly in the 50's, but with high winds. Riding in So Cal is one of the few things I miss about this place!












6 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

Lucky! Those trails look like fun!

timari said...

Yeah, I forgot just how fun that trail was! I only get to ride it when I go down to visit family in southern california. Of course we have great stuff in Tahoe, but can't ride those yet! :)

George Ruiz said...

Those trails look nice for running...

I'm glad your in love with the Mach 5.

timari said...

Ironically George, earlier that day that had a 30k trail run on the trails! There were still some runners out when I was riding. I thought about you when I saw them all actually! My friend Jenn who I rode with did the 14k version of it right before we rode....the girl is an animal, took first place in the 14k out of women AND men!

Anonymous said...

Is that Hummingbird Trail in Chatsworth?

timari said...

Not Hummingbird, but close...it was the Chumash trail.