Saturday, December 6, 2008

So, I am finally getting the ball rolling........


So I am off to a bit of a slow start here. I signed up for my blog about a month and a half ago, and I am finally getting around to posting something. The truth is, I have been rather preoccupied with schoolwork. My initial plan was to start this up back in September after I raced the 24 Hours of Idyllwild. I had this killer plan that I was going to win the race, and get to start the blog off on an awesome note! My plan almost came to fruition.......I was in 1st place from the 4th lap of the race, ALL THE WAY UNTIL the beginning of the 15th lap when I got sick on the side of the trail.......OVERHYDRATION! Who the heck overhydrates.....yeah, that would be me. Nonetheless, I ended up in 2nd place. Don't get me wrong, I still had a killer race, but not exactly the ending that I had planned. I swear, Idylwild went from being my strong race to this race that now lingers over my head and haunts me. Next year right?
After Idylwild, I went pretty much went straight to Interbike (I am not kidding on this one, if it wasn't for having to go to school that Monday, I would have gone straight there!). Things went good. I got to see all of my sponsors that I only get to see sometimes only once a year. All went smoothly and I am grateful that I still have all the same sponsors for next year that I had this year (with the way of the economy, I was sweating it a bit!). One of the highlights of Interbike......the fact that Pivot is making bikes in GIRL colors for next year! YEAH.......I will be hopefully riding either a pink or baby blue bike next season, and I can't wait!
Fast forward to now (not much else has gone on except school, school, and more school!). So, I am 4 days away from being done for the semester, thank goodness! I can FINALLY have my life back......at least for the next month or so! As for right now, I think I will wrap up this first posting.....I really should be doing math homework right now anyways! Instead I have found every possible way to procrastinate.......even decorated our Christmas tree in the meantime.


No comments: